Saturday, January 5, 2008

Scrap First, Clean Later

I have been making lots of "me time" this week. Of course, none during the day so it's resulting in some very late nights, or should I say very early mornings. As sleep deprived as I may be, I don't regret a second of it. I have done three layouts in two nights--something I haven't done in at least three years. Sure, the Christmas decorations are all still up (even the pizza delivery guy commented that I ought to take them down). The tree came down last weekend: my husband's doing. If he had his way it would come down on December 26th. Wait, if he had his way we wouldn't have a tree at all! Each year that goes by I get closer to going fake. The darn needles--it's amazing there were still any left on the tree. On day two, our trees always stop drinking, by day four the tree has noticeably lost its bright green color. And by the end of the first week, it has shed more needles than there are hairs on my entire body. This happens every year, despite cutting 4 inches off the trunk right before sticking it into the stand. This year I didn't think the tree was even going to make it until Christmas. I had visions of a completely needle-less tree on Christmas morning, and even briefly contemplated taking all the lights and decorations off, trashing the tree, and putting up a new one.

Anyway, the tree made it through Christmas, as did I, and now all our decoration boxes are strewn about the family room (Perry insisted on getting them out of the attic tonight, but then plopped down on the couch to watch football). And here I sit alternating between Andes candies and Baked Lays creating my second digital scrapbook layout using, for the first time, Photoshop Elements.

I'm not thrilled with the page: I am limited by my small collection of digital stuff. I do however love this picture, and I love how with digital you can make the image larger than you would with a printed photgraph.

I guess that's all I'm up for tonight. Now that I think of it, I should have cleaned my bathrooms and folded those two loads of laundry tonight. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.