Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Late Night Ramblings

The best part about a New Year is buying a new calendar. I always wait until after the first so I can get mine at half-off--I'm cheap like that. So yesterday, while out with the hubby and kiddos I ran (literally, and through the snow, too!) into Borders to snag my calendars for 2008: a page-a-day with lines that I will use as a journal, and a smaller blank page-a-day I like to use for my scrapbook sketches (at the end of the year I have 365 page layout ideas.). Yeah, not 365 finished scrapbook pages, just the ideas for them, so that in the following year I can have on my list of resolutions to catch up on all the pages I didn't scrapbook the year before (and in my case, the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that. . .). I have come to the sad conclusion that I will never be caught up in my scrapbooking, at least not while I am still snapping 50 photos a week of my kids (who said it was a good idea to get a digital camera?!). But what the hay (or is it hey?. . .hmmm), it's a new year and I can embrace my imperfections (and let me tell you, not being caught up in my scrapbooking is the very least of them) and know that I've got exactly 362 days left in 2008 to make myself better.

No comments: