Thursday, January 3, 2008

Inspiration Everywhere

I am feeling incredibly inspired and motivated right now. Maybe it's the New Year, or being able to look at my Jan. issue of CK twice today (waiting at the doctor's office sans enfants & while the boys played at the Y because I took them out in the frigid 10 degree weather when I thought they had a swim class that doesn't start until next week). The January issue is packed with tons of great ideas if scrapbooking is part of your New Year's resolution. Here are a few I pulled out today:
  1. Make a layout with predictions for this year. Fun to look at at the end of 08 to see what came true.
  2. Use mini glue dots and glitter to create a cool background.
  3. Recycle your junk mail into cool elements for your pages.
I just spent the past 2 hours playing around online. I followed a Photoshop tutorial (also from CK) to create this:Doesn't look that great here, but the concept is to create a focal point within your photo by framing a portion and desaturating the background. I am now beginning to grasp the whole Photoshop layers thing: this project has 6 separate layers in it--yikes! Could I do it again? No way, but that's what tutorials are for! I also downloaded an adorable scrapbook planner to print out. If you check out this project, be sure to get Brenda Arnall's downloads from her blog as mentioned, too.

Well, the night is still young, and if I want to at least get started on a layout I better get off this darn computer!

No comments: