Monday, January 7, 2008

love reading, love Amazon

I ordered more than $70 in books from Amazon tonight. Here's what I got: 2 books on the human body because my middle has declared he wants to be a doctor when he grows up. I don't doubt this career path for a second: he has always been very interested in people's boo-boos from the smallest of paper cuts, to the wound left by the surgeons on his grandfather's hip after a replacement. My oldest nearly passes out at the mere sight of blood (takes after me), and my youngest won't allow me to touch him if I have a BandAid on my hand. Sometimes I put a BandAid on just so I won't have to carry him up and down the stairs! I also bought 4 Dr. Seuss books because C is beginning to read and Green Eggs and Ham is his book of choice. I ordered my oldest Book 1 in the Spiderwick Chronicles series. He announced tonight that he only wants to read chapter books like me, and then went to bed with a flashlight in one hand and a Laserbeams chapter book in the other. I love that! I don't care if my boys turn out to be great athletes, if they're the most outgoing, or the most artistic, but I really want them to have a love of reading. Then, of course, I had to get a little something for me, and was thrilled to see that Amazon had Ali Edwards latest book Life Artist.

No comments: