Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life Artist

I got it today--Ali's latest book Life Artist. I've only had a chance to thumb through it and already I am in love. It is chock full of inspiration, not only for the scrapbook pages and art Ali has created, but for the eloquent words that describe her approach to scrapbooking and her philosophy on life in general. This is so where I am right now: living life, letting go, being real, creating, telling, the here, the now.


I think this book will make a great companion to Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way, a 12 week program designed to help you find your creative muse. I see some similar themes: letting go, embracing imperfection, taking creativity field-trips (Julia calls these "artist dates"). I picked up her book at my church book sale for a quarter! I like to think it was divine intervention! I'm off to curl up in bed and begin my creative journey.

No comments: