Friday, January 25, 2008

Notes from the Sick Bay

I have a bit of cabin fever after being home with my sick children all week. The poor guys have had fevers, headaches, stuffy noses, coughs, chills, sweats, stomach pain--the whole gamut-- since Sunday. It began with Logan, who of course didn't complain of anything until the ride home from a friend's birthday party at 6:00 Sunday night: from the backseat, "I've had a headache all day." Temperature of 101. Like clockwork, Camden starts the fever about 24 hours later. I'll spare all the details, but this is one nasty bugger of a virus. It just won't quit. On Wednesday night, Logan finally got himself off his bean bag chair and wanted to dance around the family room with me. Whew, it's finally over, and he's bouncing right back. He made dinner for us (pasta, Ragu, and frozen garlic bread--right up there with his ol' Dad's culinary expertise!). But, nope, fever of 104 in the middle of the night, and crying on the bathroom floor at 4 am because his legs are too weak to stand. This week has held a whole lot of tv watching and video game playing, lots of snuggling on the couch, and laying on the floor playing toys. I've managed to stay virus free, at least so far (though Perry, who's not home with them 6 out of 7 days a week, is not feeling well). Isn't there a saying, "Mom's don't get sick." Let's hope there's some truth to that!

Needless to say, I'm a bit behind in my blog, but I did fudge the dates on my Remember Today entries, and at least got them caught up. Haven't been able to do anything creative all week to speak of, so am hoping to kick out, or at least get started on a page tonight. That is if I don't fall asleep on my keyboard first. ZZZZzzzzzz

No comments: