Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wreck This Journal

I picked up this book at Border's today with my birthday coupon. I came upon it on Amazon the other night, and was thrilled to find it at the bookstore (I like instant gratification). Perry saw it on my desk and thumbed through it to find: Tear out. Crumple., Make a funnel. Drink some water., Chew on this. Warning: Do not swallow. Ok, he was less than thrilled. "How much did you spend on this?" But trust me, this book could be life-altering. In the very least it will spark some creativity when I'm in a dry spell. The premise of the book is to let down barriers of perfectionism, snub what your "better" judgement is telling you, and deface a brand new book. I think the whole experience will be very liberating. I'm starting tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: