Saturday, February 9, 2008

Who knew a ball of yarn could be so much fun?

"I did" came the reply from my 4 year old. And he did; all three of those boys did. From playing catch at karate the day before, to running in circles while holding two ends, a simple ball of yarn provided endless hours of fun. The boys found the ball given to them from my good friend Kayla (let's just say a knitting project gone awry) this morning and immediately set to work unravelling the entire 30 miles (just an estimate) while running from room to room, upstairs, downstairs, and everywhere in between. Was I freaking out with the web of yarn through every inch of the house? Heck, no: I was doing dishes, changing 4 beds worth of sheets, and throwing in a week's loads of laundry. And when the ball of yarn had been exhausted, I handed them each a pair of scissors and a ziploc bag and told them to snip and collect it. The clean up was just as fun as the play! Sorry, Kayla, that we could not salvage any of your yarn ball, but thank you for giving me a chance to get some Saturday morning chores done!

No comments: