Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Letters

In honor of Valentine's Day, Camden's preschool class is doing an adorable unit on letters. Every day for the past two weeks Camden has come home with a letter for someone. On Monday it was Maddox. The letter read, "Dear Maddox, I love you. I love you. I love you. Love, Camden" Tuesday's letters were for two friends from his class last year that are in his same classroom in the morning. These letters stayed at school for delivery. On Wednesday, Camden came bounding into the car asking, "When will Daddy be home tonight? I have a letter for him." After much pleading he called Perry and worked his sweetness to get Daddy to come home before bedtime (an amazing feat!). This letter read, "Dear Dad, I love you. Love, Camden" I volunteered in his classroom on Thursday. The letter he secretly wrote while I was there read, "Dear Mom, I love you. I love you. Thank you. Love, Camden" He later told me the "thank you" was for coming to his classroom. Monday brought another note for Daddy: "Daddy, I love you." On Tuesday, he carried two envelopes to the car. One for our neighbor, and if I had time to steam it open before it was delivered, I would have. The other for his big brother: "Dear Logan, I love you. I want to play with you when you get home from the bus. Love, Camden." How much sweetness and love can one little body hold?!

No comments: