Thursday, June 11, 2009

On my mind

Here's a whole bunch of randomness popping into my head as I work on baseball banners for the upcoming parade:
  • having sick kids for nearly a solid month is very draining: physically, emotionally, intellectually
  • creating is my therapy; some people need exercise, some use alcohol, some seek counseling. crafting is my drug of choice, and like an addict when I don't get my fix, I can get pretty nasty (or "mean" as I heard more than once today from one little boy)
  • 24 hours is just not enough time: to read all the books I want to, look at all the blogs I want to, make all the projects I want to, learn all the new things I want to, play with all the mediums I want to
  • right now I am on info overload--so loaded up with inspiration and want-to-do's that I can't begin. when I get this way I know it's time to take a step back and create something or play.
  • tomorrow will be another sick day, but hopefully not a lay-on-the-couch-all-day-and-watch-tv kind of day. I'm hoping for an I'm-recovered-but can't-go-to-school-just-yet kind of day. If it is, let's play and make stuff ALL DAY. No computer, no phone, just play and create.
  • i feel so much better now

1 comment:

kate said...

Props to you for journaling like this. Soimetimes it really DOES help to just get it out on "paper." Positive manifestation is key, especially during days (weeks) like this! Hang in there!