Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chop Suey

We tend to eat a lot of pasta with ground chicken or turkey. Here's a good one that I made last night. My oldest had seconds and asked to take leftovers for lunch today.

  1. In large pot brown 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey with diced onion and garlic (however much you like--I used one clove of elephant garlic).
  2. Meanwhile, cook 12-16 oz of pasta (we like elbows), and I add some chicken broth to the water to give the pasta a little extra flavor.
  3. To the cooked meat mixture, add 2 cans of condensed tomato soup, and one can of petite cut diced tomatoes. I rinsed each can with just a small amount of water and added that in, too.
  4. Add some black pepper, a dash of crushed red pepper, and some Italian seasoning (which we were out of so I used pizza seasoning). I don't really measure my spices unless I'm following a recipe, so maybe about a teaspoon or so of the seasoning.
  5. Stir well. Then add about 1 cup of shredded mozarella (or a cheese of your liking).

I am a big fan of these kind of meals: one pot (ok, in this case a pot to boil pasta), kid-friendly, ingredients on-hand, and make in the afternoon and eat it whenever you're ready for dinner.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

kate said...

Sounds really yummy and looks easy enough to do on a week night too. Thanks for sharing! On eof my neighbors is watching my kids this morning and I am going through piles of paperwork and re-organizing things in the kitchen, I have your blog open to listen to your music- you have such a great compilation!!!

Hope you're having a great morning...