Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Santa's Workshop

My scrap space has turned into Santa's workshop as I am busy making lots of gifts, although I don't have the luxury of all the little elves. My little elves are fast asleep in their beds because that is the only time I could possibly manage to get anything done. I have tried to make a quick card during the day, and it nearly never turns out well. Usually, it results in my youngest climbing all over my lap reaching for anything sharp, messy, or delicate. Once his hand lands in the ink pad and smears over the cardstock and his arm bumps the mini brads all over the berber rug I generally decide it's not worth a little creative time. Instead I retreat to the table with him and the playdoh and take my frustrations out on the smushy clay--very therapeutic! Anyway, I totally digressed here. The purpose of this post is to show some pictures of what I have been busy making the past few weeks (ok days, what can I say, I am a procrastinator).
Teacher gifts:

These are 5x7 and 4x12 acrylic frames turned upside down. The monogram is a chipboard letter covered in patterned paper. The name is computer printed and fit into a bookplate from Stampin' Up!'s hodgepodge hardware kit. Ribbon fastens this to the frame. The calendar, stamped post it notes, and monogram are adhered with Terrifically Tacky tape.
*****************
Gift Card Holder:

I made a slew of these cute little holders using coin envelopes (sized perfectly to fit a gift card). Cut cardstock to 2 3/4 x 11; score at 2 3/4, 3, 6 7/8, and 7 1/8. Image is 2 1/4 x 3 3/8 matted on 2 1/2 x 3 5/8. Fasten the coin envelope to middle inside panel. Stamp, and fold sandwiching the smaller end between matted image and longer panel.


All these gifts have been delivered/handed out. Whew--check that off the enormous "to do" list!

No comments: