Friday, November 28, 2008

The Fake Out

Never say never. I've broken possibly my first "I will never do that". We put our tree up today, the day after Thanksgiving, for the first time ever. But that's not the "never" part I was referring to. First, here's a picture of our tree this year:

Isn't it beautiful?: the shape, the proportion, the fullness, the green-ness, the abscence of needles on the floor, the missing ten gallon pot of water leaking onto the rug. Yes, we have gone fake this year. And, no, I will not be missing the daily vacuuming of needles scattered all over the rug and throughout the house, the waking in the middle of the night because I have forgotten to water the tree, and the scent? What scent? Our trees always died within the first week anyway--there was never any scent. They make a candle for that stuff anyway. I am not at all regretting going fake. And I ask you, do these look like the branches of a fake tree?



No comments: