Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lions and Ellies and Crocs, oh my!

I've been working on invites for Camden's 5th birthday: a "Go, Diego, Go" theme, or more simply, an animal party. Here's my mock-up:

It's a diorama card (directions can be found here) reminiscent of those little shoebox projects we used to do in grade school. It's difficult to get a good picture of these cards because they're so dimensional. This one measures 4.5 "l x 4" h x2" d and folds flat to fit in a business-sized envelope. The card itself is pretty simple to make and put together; it's cutting all the animals and grass fringe that's so darn tedious. Needless to say, my fingers are cramped, my thumb has a dent in it from the scissors that may be permanent, and my contacts are dried out and stuck to my eyeballs. But I'm not complaining--I love every second of it. Plus, it keeps my hands busy while watching American Idol so I can't stuff my face with Baked Lay's and Jelly Belly's!

No comments: