Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Very first blog post

My middle child started preschool this year, and my youngest still naps--bless his heart. One child in first grade full time, plus one child in preschool part time, plus one napping child equals two whole hours of child-free time for me. It amazes me just how much one can get done in two hours with no interruption. I have checked and replied to email, folded three loads of laundry, unloaded and reloaded a dishwasher, washed last night's dinner dishes, and made a bed that I just couldn't get to this morning (growing up, my mom drilled the importance of bed-making into me). It leads me to reminisce about those pre-children days when I was "oh so busy." Remember those days? When you could clean your entire house in one Saturday morning and it would pretty much stay that way until the following Saturday. The days when your entire weekly laundry amounted to one load (two if you sorted by lights and darks--another thing Mom taught me).


I am also in the middle of my busiest card making time of the year. We have a total of 8 birthdays in October and November in my family: two nieces, three nephews, my dad, my sister, and my husband. Needless to say, I have been using my precious two hours in a birthday card-making frenzy, not to mention the holiday cards I have yet to work on. Anyways, here are the cards I made for some of those birthdays.

Gatefold card for my oldest nephew:
Card inspired from SU! catty page 86 for two nephews:
CASE'd from Split Coast for my two nieces:

Another gate-fold for my dad:

Well, figuring out how to shrink these photo files, post them, and add captions took way longer than I expected. So another night of no creativity and no scrapbook pages to show for it. Guess there's always tomorrow. . .





No comments: