Monday, November 26, 2007

More Trash Talk

This time it is my four-year-old. For a little thing, that kid sure has a fresh mouth--and I'm not talking minty-fresh! "Stupid" is a regular part of his vocabulary: "stupid table" when he bumps his head on it; "stupid Maddox" when his little brother hits him with a toy; "get that stupid car out of here" when he trips over a toy that his little brother left on the floor. Oh, and today it was, "If you don't let me play Gameboy, you're stupid." Yeah, let me tell you, I'm ready to take that Gameboy and throw it to the North Pole where Santa can give it to a little boy who speaks nicely to his Mother. He has even coined his own bad words. This summer, when potty talk was all the rage in the neighborhood, he came up with "Butt Weeder." I have no idea what a Butt Weeder is, but it can't be good. Now that his big brother has gone to first grade (and is coming home with a few choice words of his own), he has learned that a "wiener" is another name for, well, you know. This of course undoes all the years of teaching them the anatomically correct parts of their little boy bodies. Naturally, "Butt Weeder" has evolved into "Butt Wiener" which he doesn't pass up the opportunity to call me or any other person who crosses him. I haven't played the "Santa's watching" card nearly often enough this year. I'll have to pull that one out, dust it off, and give it a try (after all I only have a few more weeks to get out of it). If that doesn't work, maybe I'll get out the duct tape--good for 1001 uses, including curing Trash Talk!

No comments: