Thursday, February 11, 2010

And just like that, a new purpose is born

During the first year of each of my boys' lives, I took a monthly photograph of them with their teddy bear in the rocking chair in their bedrooms. I paired these pictures with the goings-on in their little lives and the milestones from that month, and created scrapbook pages of their first years. I love the snapshot these pages gave into their lives, and can now remember many of the pieces of their babyhoods because of it.

The other day I got to thinking about how I have lost touch with this blog. {Remember Today} is hard to keep up with on a daily basis, and because of that, this blog seemed to lack a real purpose. And as I recently preached to my sister, (who just began her blogging journey here), your blog needs to have a purpose, otherwise, you just won't use it.

So here I am, ready to breathe new purpose into this old, dusty blog. I'm calling it *Snapshot Saturday*, and it's where I will document the goings-on and milestones in the boys' lives on a weekly basis. These days are so fleeting, I can't believe how fast they're already growing up. Every day older I get, time seems to pass even faster. And since I can't stop the hands of time from ticking away, at least I can capture the ordinary (and sometimes extraordinary) in the days of our weeks.

No comments: