Wednesday, August 12, 2009

If you've been online in the past month, you may have already seen this video. My sister was the first one to tell me about it a couple of weeks ago. Not having seen it, my thought was, "Why? Were they [the marrying couple] professional dancers? Do they work on Broadway?" Why else would a wedding party dance down the aisle to enter the church?? But now that I have actually seen the video, I have a whole new appreciation for this couple and their friends. How inspiring to take an untraditional stance on tradition, to mix things up, and show the world you're not afraid to have fun. I think Brene Brown said it best on her blog:

To choose joy over the fear and vulnerability of being different or weird or ridiculed is a tremendous act of courage - one that touches all of us.


1 comment:

kate said...

I saw this too and first thought, how bizarre! But then I watched more and even watched it again, and was too, really touched by their courage to do something so unique all for the sake of their happiness.