Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's starting already

Today I met Lauren. Camden and I walked hand-in-hand into the classroom, she caught his eye, he smiled and waved, and she tugged on her mother's sleeve and said, "That's my friend." They met during camp a few weeks ago, and at the end of everyday they would call out their goodbyes to each other--so cute.

Today I was scolded for stopping to chat with the principal briefly because "Lauren is now way ahead of us and is probably already gone in the car." Thankfully Lauren was just driving off as we reached the parking lot and again they yelled their goodbyes through open car windows.

Today you picked another dandelion, but this one, as all the other's before it had been, was not for me. It was for Lauren because you like her, no, you "don't just like her, [you] love her."

No comments: