Monday, July 21, 2008

Summertime and the reading is easy. . .

I love summer--the slow moving carefree days of just hanging out, no real schedule to follow. But I can't just sit around (because then I'll likely fall asleep). So what better way to pass a summer afternoon of the kids spashing in the pool than curled up in a lawn chair with a good book. My church has this book swap/sale thing: books for a quarter. Can you believe it, a quarter?! So every now and again I stop in to browse the selection, which I have to say is pretty impressive, and I grab a few that look good. Some are favorite authors like Anita Shreve and Anne Tyler, or interesting topics like managing stress, and some are just because I like the artwork on the cover or the way the first sentence reads. So my nightstand is well stocked for these lazy summer days (and probably much of the crazy fall ones and into the cold winter nights). If you need me I'll be out back reading. . .

No comments: