Tuesday, February 19, 2008

When inspiration strikes

I have this mini album idea inspired by, who else, Ali Edwards. Are you surprised? Anyway, I have an old board book, well a few of them, recycled from my children's book shelves. It's been sitting on a closet shelf just waiting for the perfect project. I took it out the other day and counted the pages: 5 two page spreads, plus a front and back cover. I had seen in Ali's book (Life Artist) what appeared to be a child's board book altered with acrylic paint (turns out, when I reached the end of the book and found a materials list for every project in there, that it was actually a funky little chipboard album that she covered with paper). Anyway, my sister had tried this with some trouble and I thought, why not sand the shine off the pages and cover them with acrylic paint? Then inspiration hit me, right smack in the middle of the boys' February vacation, as to what I can use this little album for: a recording of their five days off from school. So, here I sit with emery board in hand and vacuum within reach as I sand the pages. I could go down to the basemement to get a larger piece of actual sandpaper that would make the job go faster, but frankly I am too lazy at the moment to get out of my chair. I'll let you know how it all turns out. . .

No comments: